Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taking Back Sunday (w/Weezer and Blink 182)

With all the wedding posts lately, you may have forgotten that I shoot for a lot of musical acts as well. Mostly around the Bay Area, with some occasional trips down to Hollywood.

A good friend of mine plays guitar for the band Taking Back Sunday. He got me in to shoot at Live105's BFD event earlier this year. Other members of TBS were impressed enough with my work, they I was given photo passes to shoot this past Saturday and Sunday in Sacramento and Mountain View, respectively.

It was a blast! ...a lot of fun to see Isaac rocking his heart out at Sleep Train Amplitheatre... after which I drove him home to the Bay Area, and then we all met up again at Shoreline Amplitheatre the following evening. Weezer put on an excellent show as well, and Blink 182 certainly was entertaining.

Sunday night's show was drenched in rain, which only added to the fun (except for making sure my equipment stayed dry). There was a lot of security that night too, so I had to jump through a lot of hoops to make it down to the stage with my gear. But all worked out just fine :)

Matt Rubano performs with Taking Back Sunday in Mountain View, CA

Adam Lazzara performs at Shoreline Amplitheater 

Matt Fazzi and Isaac Bolivar perform with Taking Back Sunday

Isaac Bolivar performs at Shoreline Amplitheater with Taking Back Sunday

Isaac Bolivar and Adam Lazzara perform with Taking Back Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to contribute? Do tell!