Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mandy & Alan - The Brazilian Room & Claremont Hotel

Last Sunday I ventured back up to the Berkeley Hills to shoot for Mandy & Alan as they got married at the Brazilian Room. This wedding featured my buddy George (lovingly nicknamed "The Lion" by the wedding party) as my assistant. You'll see why if you scroll down...

Sooo much fun! The couple is lovely, their families were warm and inviting, and everyone (including us) just danced and laughed all night.

In case you were wondering, my style of shooting weddings involves suits & ties, some wine, and a lot of dancing and making people laugh. I am not the type of photographer to wear all black and stay creepily in the background... and my couples prefer the way I do things. I sometimes wonder if it's not terribly "professional", but I honestly believe it adds a level of comfort and fun for the couples' special day.

Not to mention I've had wedding guests seek me out to tell me how comfortable they were in front of the lens. I've also had guests take pictures of me for their own entertainment, and I often stay friends with the couples I shoot.

Anyway! Enjoy a few samples!



Bride & Groom at the Brazilian Room


Bride & Groom at the Brazilian Room


Bride & Groom at the Brazilian Room



("The Lion")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to contribute? Do tell!