Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Meghan, Matt and the Ainsley House Wedding

This particular wedding was a special one for me, as I had the honor of shooting the wedding of my beautiful friends Matt Fazzi and Meghan Criswell in San Jose and Campbell, CA.

It wasn't too long ago that I was introduced to Matt at Shoreline Amphitheatre after his set with his then-band Taking Back Sunday (on the Blink 182 & Weezer tour). He was on crutches from his recent leg injury, yet he still hobbled up to our seats with my buddy Isaac to meet us and say hi.

After pumping my work on the TBS Myspace page, he and Isaac commissioned me to do promo work for their side project (at the time), Happy Body Slow Brain.

Fast-forward a couple of years and we had all invested hours of our time and energy getting HBSB off the ground. I've since done multiple rounds of promo photos for them, as well as a "making the record" documentary for Happy Body Slow Brain's debut "Dreams of Water", and a series of live in-studio performance videos. I am very proud to be a part of the the HBSB family.

However, I was even more proud to be a part of Matt & Meghan's family when they asked me to photograph their wedding. Not only do I love them to death, but many of our wonderful and talented friends were also in attendance.

The ceremony had a sort of vintage circus theme to it, with a reception at the historic Ainsley House in Campbell, CA. This was the first time I ever saw the groom be his own wedding band, as Matt performed with "The Zack Attack" (a cover band he formed with a bunch of old friends). The next day, the party continued at the Blank Club in San Jose as Happy Body Slow Brain performed with Lex Land and Gavin Castleton for a crowd of friends, family, and fans. The whole weekend was a blast.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the day. Congrats to the newlyweds! You both looked outstanding, and I can't think of a more pleasant couple to be involved with.

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

photo by Clay Lancaster

Jason Holthouser, Ian Fazzi, Matt Fazzi and Isaac Bolivar perform as "The Zack Attack"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to contribute? Do tell!