Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kristie California - Modeling Shoot - Sacramento, CA

A number of months ago, I was contacted by a model through Model Mayhem about doing a shoot. I obviously have a profile on that site, but I don't really do any work with actual models. I did one shoot a while back for a bridal gown and accessories designer at a studio in San Jose, and one outdoor shoot for another girl.

Kristie and I then became acquainted through Facebook messages, but weddings and a trip to Europe got in the way of us planning anything until this week (I know, poor me).

We finally settled on a date and this past Monday I drove an hour and a half to Roseville, just north of Sacramento.

I have a strobist setup, but it's so new to me that I literally hadn't used it for anything yet. I only had 3 occasions where I used a studio and lighting, and none it belonged to me. So this time, I had planned to bring my good friend and fellow photographer Jen (from Calibree Photography) to help me with the strobes... but she ended up getting sick, and I was on my own.

After a few test shots I thought I had it nailed down, so I started shooting away. To my delight (and my model's), we got some really good stuff. Thank you to Kristie for being patient and willing to give a newbie a try, and double thanks to her for actually making her own outfit just for this shoot!

Model Kristie California. Photo by Clay Lancaster.

Model Kristie California. Photo by Clay Lancaster.

Model Kristie California. Photo by Clay Lancaster.

Model Kristie California. Photo by Clay Lancaster.

www.claylancaster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to contribute? Do tell!